Joining January 2018 Information
Welcome back to Term 2! We are University of Warwick Chorus, the largest choir on campus. We are non-auditioned so whether or not you are a singing novice or have been doing it for years we would love to see you in January – membership is FREE for students this year!
Like our Facebook page facebook.com/uowchorus, follow us on Twitter twitter.com/uowchorus, subscribe to our mailing list (http://eepurl.com/rGTsf) and check back to this website to keep updated. If you have any questions, send us an email – email@example.com.
- Our first rehearsal of term 2 was Thursday 11th January, 7pm-9.30pm in Westwood Lecture Theatre. Rehearsals are running weekly on Thursdays at the same time, same place until our concert towards the end of term (see Upcoming Concerts) – feel free to just turn up next Thursday to try a rehearsal with us!
- This term we are rehearsing for our performance of Dvorak’s Te Deum and Beyond Your Elsewhere Oratorio composed by Director of Music at Warwick, Paul McGrath.
- This term’s rehearsal schedule is here: CHORUS TERM 2 SCHEDULE 2017 – updated 16 Jan.pdf.
Westwood Information Page – click here.
If you are interested in joining the Chorus, we would love to meet you! We are a non-auditioned choir, so feel free to come along to the next rehearsal – which will be the next Thursday of university term time from 7.00pm to 9.30pm in the Westwood Lecture Theatre. You can then pick up a score and try us out.
After that, if you would like to join the Chorus, we ask for a non-refundable subscription and a refundable £20 score deposit. Subscriptions are paid annually for an academic year and prices are as follows:
- Annual University of Warwick Student:
£4.50FREE for Academic Year 2017/18!
- Annual Concession* or Warwick Staff: £40.00
- Annual Non-Student: £60.00
*We define a concession to be in one or more of the following categories: over 60 fully retired, JSA, FT students from non-Warwick university, passport to leisure holders.
Note that membership is via the Arts Centre so you are not required to pay a Students’ Union Societies Fee.
The links to pay are below:
- Subscriptions: https://tickets.warwickartscentre.co.uk/esro/en-GB/events/uow%20chorus%20society%20-%20subscriptions%20autumn%202017/2018-7-31_21.00/music%20centre.
- Score Deposit: https://tickets.warwickartscentre.co.uk/esro/en-GB/events/uow%20chorus%20society%20-%20score%20deposit%202017-18/2018-7-31_21.00/music%20centre.
*** To reclaim your score deposit when you leave Chorus, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting your score deposit back, along with the following details for a UK bank account that you wish to receive the refund: your full name; account number; sort code; the date you paid and how you paid (online/Box Office) your score deposit (if known). ***
You can also join the Mailing List by filling in the form here, or sending us an email.
If you have any questions about joining, please do send us an email at email@example.com.