Link to interactive campus map with rehearsal venue location – click here
Scroll to the bottom of the page for more maps.
For the academic year 2017/18, Warwick Music Centre will be based on the Westwood Campus of the university whilst improvement works are carried out to the facilities in the Arts Centre. Chorus are rehearsing in the Westwood Lecture Theatre (WLT) which is in the Westwood Teaching Centre – pictured at the very top of the page.
- You can view the location of Westwood Lecture Theatre on the interactive campus map here.
- There will be a group walking from Central Campus to the WLT for the first rehearsal of the new academic year for those who are still unsure of the route. We will be meeting at 6pm on the piazza on central campus before walking over together to Westwood Lecture Theatre with a quick introduction and refreshments from 6.30pm.
- Despite numerous attempts to make arrangements, Westwood Café won’t be opening for us on Thursday evenings. We will have access to hot water and a microwave in the Café, however, so we will be offering some basic refreshments (cups, coffee, tea, milk, sugar) during the break of rehearsals in exchange for donations.
- The best car park for us to use for Westwood Lecture Theatre is Car Park 13 (note that Car Park 14 is permit only). Click here to see it on the campus map.
- Car Park 13 is pay and display in chargeable hours only. Most importantly, it is free after 6pm.
- There are about 200 spaces available in this car park.
- Pay and display (free after 6pm) parking is also available opposite Car Park 14 in Westwood Car Park, but there are only around 70 spaces. See the pictures below. Limited street parking is available in Westwood too.
- You can also continue to park on central campus and walk in using the instructions below.
From each of these car parks, WLT is only a short walk away. Check a campus map (such as this one) to see the location of the rehearsal venue in comparison to these car parks. A picture of a map of the route from Car Park 13 to WLT is above. As you enter Westwood Teaching Centre (pictured at the very top of this page), access to WLT is immediately on the left through the double doors marked WLT (pictured below).
Walking instructions with pictures are available to download – click here.
- Westwood is only a short 10-15 minute walk from central campus.
- There are two main routes.
- Route 1: Round the back of the Maths Building, past Riley Court and Milburn House and through the gate* onto Kirby Corner Road and onto Westwood (limited availability after completion of NAIC building).
- Route 2: Past the NAIC building round the back of University House and along Kirby Corner Road onto Westwood (not available before the completion of NAIC building in Autumn 2017).
- At the time of writing, July 2017, the NAIC route is closed as the building is not yet complete and due to be finished in “Autumn 2017” and so the gate* is currently open at all times. We have been informed that once the NAIC building is completed, the gate will be closed for the night at some point between 9pm-10pm so likely not open when walking back to campus after a rehearsal.
- Both routes converge at the traffic lights pictured on the right (which is by the aforementioned gate and a sign to Milburn House).
- From here you stay on main campus side of the road and continue walking. You want to take the second left into Westwood campus – the first left is visible in the picture on the right).
- You can cross at the traffic island pictured below to enter Westwood (the entrance you want to take is the one pictured below).
- After turning into Westwood, you need to turn right round the back of Car Park 14 and across past the Music Centre (pictured below).
- With the Music Centre on your right, you will see the Westwood Teaching Centre in front of you (picture at the very top of this page) with the ramp up. The entrance to WLT is on the left as you enter the Teaching Centre.
If you are unable to use the links to the interactive campus map, I have included this picture which shows the two routes. Link to a HD image of this map (https://uowchorus.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/wlt-routes2-e1499121822249.jpg).Plan of the whole Music Centre at Westwood, we are rehearsing in the room marked Westwood Lecture Theatre.